At NBC you can expect:
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ to be preached with boldness – Our church slogan is, “Preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.” This expresses our heart, our vision and our focus in accordance with the command of Christ to preach the Gospel to the whole world. We seek to be an active witness in our city through regular outreach ministries such as street witnessing, door knocking and tract distribution. We also seek to be a part of reaching our world through the support of overseas missions. (Matt 28:19-20; Mk 16:15; Acts 1:8)
- Verse by verse preaching and teaching – Our great need as Christians is to understand the plain, undiluted teachings of the Word of God. At NBC we believe the Bible is without error and that it has the answers to all of life’s difficult questions. We are committed to proclaiming the whole council of God, desiring to see believer’s built up in a strong, Scriptural faith. (Heb 4:12; Jn 17:17; Ps 12:6-8; II. Pt 1:21; II. Tim 3:16)
- Conservative, God-honoring Christian Music – We believe the Word of God is specific about how we should worship God. God is to be worshiped in Spirit and in truth with Psalms, Hymns and Spiritual songs. At NBC we reject the worldly, fleshly “rock and roll” style of worship that has permeated much of the modern church. (Jn 4:23; Eph 5:18-20; Col 3:16)
- Sound biblical doctrine – It does make a difference what you believe! The New Testament believers adhered faithfully to Apostolic doctrine. Our duty as believers is to diligently study the Word of God, find out what it teaches and then stand for it with all our heart, soul and strength. (I. Tim 1:3; Rom 16:17; Acts 2:41-42)
- A Christ-centred focus – The church belongs to Christ and He is to be given preeminence in all things. Our first concern as a church is to glorify and honour Christ in all we do. Therefore, as a church we seek to conform our beliefs and practices to the Word of God rather than trying to make the church fit with popular philosophies and opinions. (Col 1:18; I. Cor 10:31)
- A welcoming, family-supporting atmosphere – we believe the family unit as created by God in the beginning is the bedrock of the church and society in general. We believe in one man, one woman marriage in accordance with the teachings of Christ. At NBC we seek to support families in their high calling of raising children for Christ and being a testimony for His glory. (Matt 19:4-6; Gen 1:26-28; 2:21-24; Eph 5:22-33; 6:1)
If there is anything we can do for you to assist you further in your search for truth, please don’t hesitate to ask.